1. In case of the Assessing Officer, e-Filing is mandatory.
2. In case of the Assessee, e-Filing is optional and will not substitute the existing
practice of presenting Appeals, Cross Objections, Stay Applications and Miscellaneous Applications in paper
3. Permanent Account Number (or TAN as the case may be) of the Assessee, Mobile Number and Email
ID are the key identifiers in the e-Filing Portal. Therefore, having PAN/TAN, valid Mobile Number and Email IDs
are pre-requisites for using the said E-Filing Portal. It may be ensured by all the users that the mobile
number and e-mail address provided are valid and in active use.
4. Any person who is entitled to file an appeal before the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal under
section 253 of Income Tax Act, 1961 or any other enactment, may file the same electronically through the said
5. All the documents which require the signature of the parties shall be physically signed before
scanning and uploading in the e-Filing Portal. All prayers, petitions, Grounds, affidavits, etc. which are to be
filed electronically shall be typed in Arial font, font size 12 on one side of A4 size paper with double
spacing, justified horizontally.